Join our 21-Day Strengths Challenge
Today on the podcast, Carrie and I will be introducing our 21-day Strengths Challenge! It’s a way to help you process how your Themes of Strength are showing up during this unusual time.
In an effort to keep this super simple (for obvious reasons), here’s how it will work: Every day between April 13 and May 1, we will post one question to get you thinking about how you are processing this crazy time. Answer it in relation to your family life, work life, social life, social distancing life, whatever.
Then, follow it up by asking yourself, “Which Strength/s is influencing this?”
The point of this challenge is to give our community some free tools they can use to help make some sense out of this unprecedented time. These tools are not only good for individual processing and reflection, but can be used on a team, in a family, or virtually anywhere.
And not only is this a good way to help you learn more about how you are processing this pandemic, but it will no doubt give you insight into other areas of your life.
The 21 Questions
I’m a big fan of the way Netflix releases their shows. They drop them all at once so you can binge a series over a weekend, or watch one episode per night like my wife and I prefer to do. So, with that in mind, here are ALL of the questions we will be releasing over the next 21 days.
- How are you feeling?
- Where are you flourishing?
- What is a new frustration?
- When have you felt accomplished?
- With whom are you creating a deeper connection?
- With whom are your feeling particularly disconnected?
- With whom are you relying on for help?
- To whom are you encouraging and helping?
- What new patterns are you practicing, and why?
- What old patterns are not working any longer?
- What new adaptation are you enjoying?
- Where do you feel the most confident right now?
- Where are you finding meaning during isolation?
- How are you seeing people around you struggle?
- When do you feel the most alive and what are you doing?
- When do you feel out of balance, and how do you find your balance?
- Have you experienced too much change in your life?
- What do you need to do over and over again that brings you satisfaction?
- What decisions are easy for you to make, and more difficult?
- What information are you looking to for help?
- Who do you feel you are the most connected to right now?
- Is there someone that you think is handling this change really well?
- How do you feel you can make the greatest difference in someone else?
- What changes can you make for others to cope better?
- What patterns of behavior do you want to change?
- Who do you look to for direction through this pandemic?
- What example of good leadership have you noticed?
- What is something you can be the best at?
You probably noticed there are more than 21 questions. We know. Once we got started we couldn’t stop.
When you listen to this podcast episode, you’ll hear Carrie answer question 21, and I answer 23. Both of us did this on the fly and were perhaps a little surprised by our answer. Oh, and we also have a special
interruption guest during this episode.
Let’s Process today LIVE!
We’d like to process this, in real-time. We will be hosting Facebook Live chats every Thursday at noon, CST. We will summarize the questions from the week, discuss, then invite two or three of you to join us on-air to share the question from the week that stuck with you the most.
About The Leadership Vision Podcast
The Leadership Vision Podcast is a weekly show sharing our expertise in the discovery, practice, and implementation of a strengths-based approach to people, teams, and culture. We believe that knowing your Strengths is only the beginning. Our highest potential exists in the ongoing exploration of our talents. Subscribe to the Leadership Vision Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Please contact us if you have ANY questions about anything you heard in this episode or if you’d like to talk to us about helping your team understand the power of Strengths.
If you’d like to be featured on the Leadership Vision Podcast, let us know how you are using Strengths and what impact it has made. Contact us here!