It’s the end of the year 2022, and as Brian, Linda, and I were reflecting on what we wanted to discuss for our last episode of the year, we hit record and it led to this wonderful conversation. This episode’s theme is authentic connection, purposeful connection, and understanding the why behind what we’re doing.
This isn’t a scripted episode about the top three things to do with Strengths on your team. It’s more of a conversation about pausing. So here it is, our final episode of the year. We hope you have a great holiday season and will see you in the new year. Cheers!
Being Present in the New Year
As we approach the new year, we want to invite you to be more mindful. More specifically, we want to challenge you to be present in all facets of life. To be not only present with yourself but also with colleagues and friends, and family members. As we explore in this episode, we invite you to really listen and get curious about how your presence shows up in the world.
The New Year is a natural time to take some kind of inventory of the things in our lives that have and have not been working for us. The invitation for all of us is to ask ourselves how we can be more mindful and present. Being more mindful is really about being intentional about the things we do and say. Use the questions below to think and reflect on the new year ahead.
- What are the ways your presence has been changed or challenged this year?
- What transformation needs to happen for you to be more present in the new year?
- How are you being mindful of the way you’re showing in the world?
- How are you being mindful of the way you’re leading or following others?
- What are some things that you can do to be more mindful and present every day?
- What have you outgrown?
- What do you need to let go of so that you can embrace something else?
- What practices or habits do you not want to take into this new year?
- What might you no longer need because you’ve outgrown a practice, a place, or a relationship?
- What are you being invited into?
- What have you grown into in the last year?
- What practices or habits do you want to take into this new year?
We’d love to hear any reflections that you might have about mindfulness, being present, and your year ahead. Connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Leadership Vision Podcast
The Leadership Vision Podcast is a weekly show sharing our expertise in the discovery, practice, and implementation of a strengths-based approach to people, teams, and culture. We believe that knowing your Strengths is only the beginning. Our highest potential exists in the ongoing exploration of our talents. Subscribe to the Leadership Vision Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Please contact us if you have ANY questions about anything you heard in this episode or if you’d like to talk to us about helping your team understand the power of Strengths.
If you’d like to be featured on the Leadership Vision Podcast, let us know how you are using Strengths and what impact it has made. Contact us here!