We hope you’re enjoying a fantastic week as we approach the Fourth of July holiday in the United States. Like many of you, our team is taking some time off, so we thought we’d again share our mid-year reflection episode as we move into the second half of 2023.
This mid-year break or interruption in our regular routines is an opportunity to reflect on how the year has gone thus far and plan for how we’d like the remainder of the year to unfold. Whether you’re grilling, spending time with family, or simply taking a moment to yourself, let’s dive into some reflection questions that can help guide your assessment and shape your future endeavors.
Pause, Reflect, Thrive: Mid-Year Check-in Questions
These questions can be answered in as little as five minutes or explored in greater depth with friends, colleagues, or loved ones. Remember, the more specific you can be, the better.
Zoom in on what has gone well, what surprised you, what stood out, what you’re wondering about, and what you need from your colleagues. Then, zoom out and consider what success and a meaningful second half of the year looks like for you.
1. What has gone well? Reflect on the accomplishments, milestones, and positive experiences you’ve had in the first half of the year. Acknowledge your achievements and areas of growth.
2. What have you been surprised by? Consider any unexpected events, challenges, or opportunities and how they have impacted your personal and professional journey.
3. What are you doing? Take a moment to assess your current actions and activities. Identify the tasks, projects, or initiatives that have consumed your time and energy over the past six months.
4. What stood out to you? Think about the experiences, interactions, or moments that left a lasting impression. These could be memorable conversations, breakthroughs, or lessons learned.
5. What are you wondering about? Acknowledge the questions, curiosities, or uncertainties on your mind. This is an opportunity to explore areas where you seek clarity or desire further understanding.
6. What do you need your colleagues to know? Consider the information, insights, or support you require from your teammates or coworkers, and name your needs to enhance collaboration and productivity. Communicating your needs fosters a more effective work environment.
Next, we want to look into the future to shape the path ahead. Ask yourself some or all of the following questions:
1. What does success look like for you? Define your personal and professional vision of success. This will serve as a compass to guide your actions and decisions moving forward.
2. What will make for a meaningful second half of the year? Explore the factors that contribute to a fulfilling and purposeful experience in the upcoming months. Consider how you can align your activities with your values and aspirations.
3. Who could be the most helpful to you? Identify individuals within your network who possess the skills, knowledge, or resources to support your goals. Recognizing those who can offer guidance or assistance enables you to foster valuable connections.
4. Who would you like to partner with? Deliberate on potential collaborators, whether they are colleagues, friends, or mentors. Consider how collaborating with others can amplify your efforts and bring fresh perspectives to your work.
Your Mid-Year Reflections
By expanding on these questions and engaging in deep self-reflection, you can gain valuable insights, set clear intentions, and shape a strong path for the remainder of the year.
We invite you to share your answers with us because we genuinely want to support you on this journey. Connect with me at email@example.com or reach out through social media and let us know how you’re reflecting and what insights you’ve gained.
About The Leadership Vision Podcast
The Leadership Vision Podcast is a weekly show sharing our expertise in the discovery, practice, and implementation of a strengths-based approach to people, teams, and culture. We believe that knowing your Strengths is only the beginning. Our highest potential exists in the ongoing exploration of our talents.
Please contact us if you have ANY questions about anything you heard in this episode or if you’d like to talk to us about helping your team understand the power of Strengths.
If you’d like to be featured on the Leadership Vision Podcast, let us know how you are using Strengths and what impact it has made. Contact us here!